To reset your password, please fill out the form below. Your username and Social Security Number (or Student ID) is required to verify your identity. You must choose a new password for your account and enter it twice to make sure it is typed correctly.
A complex password can help keep your account secure. To make sure your password is complex, there are certain requirements that your password must meet. The rules below explain the requirements of a secure password.
Don't forget! If you have your TWU email set up on your phone or tablet, make sure to change the password on each device to your new password.
Password Complexity Rules:
- Password must include at least one number. (Example: 1 2 3)
- Password must include at least one uppercase letter. (Example: A B C)
- Password must include at least one lowercase letter. (Example: a b c)
- Password must include one of these symbols and no other symbols:
! @ # $ % & _ -
- Password must contain at least 10 characters.
- Password may not repeat any character more than twice in a row.
- Password may not include your username.
- Password may not include your first or last name.
Disclosure of your social security number (SSN) is requested for personal security requirements. Your social security number will be used as a unique number in order to identify you in the TWU administrative computer system. Disclosure of your SSN is mandatory for access to the secure system. The SSN provided is not retained in a database or recorded for tracking purposes. Disclosure of your SSN to Federal or State Agencies will be governed by the Public Information Act (Chapter 552 of the Texas Government Code).